Monday 14 July 2014

NARS Satin Lip Pencil - Majella

Hi everyone, today I decided to review NARS satin lip pencil in the shade 'Majella' as it is one I have been reaching for quite a lot lately and it is slowly becoming one of my favourite red lip colours. 

This product retails for £18 and I purchased it from the NARS counter at Selfridges in Oxford Street London. 

Starting with the packaging, it comes in a chunky pencil form which unfortunately you cannot twist up to bring out more product which is something I wish I could do. You need to sharpen in with a large sharpener which can get messy. However the size of the product is small and handbag friendly, it does not take up a lot of space in your make up bag making it handy for when you are on the go.

The formulation of this product is one of the best I have tried when it comes to lip pencils. It is creamy, smooth to apply on the lips and very moisturising when they are on.  I would recommend using a lip liner if you know you will be eating or drinking while having it on. But overall the lasting power of the colour is excellent. For me it lasts at least 3-5 hours without the need to re-apply.




Swatch of this shade on my hand - Natural Daylight


Image taken in natural sunlight

Overall I think this lip product is lovely in terms of application, pigmentation and lasting power. I would recommend this range to anyone starting out with make up and the crayon makes it easy to apply without the need for using lip brushes or having super precise application technique. You can basically draw on your lines and then fill in the lips.

I would love to try more colours from this range.
What are your favourites, tell me what you think...

Falguni 

No comments:

Post a Comment