Sunday 22 June 2014

YSL Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick Review


Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté Shine - Shade 11 



 Todays post will be a review of this gorgeous YSL sheer nude lipstick. This range launched in 2012 so I am quite late with this one but I took a trip to Selfridges in London a few weeks back and the colour caught my eye straight away so i decided to treat myself as it was exam season and I needed a little lift :) 

My first impression of this product when I tried it on at the counter is that it was super moisturising and soft on the lips. It gives a sheer finish and is perfect to wear on a day to day basis, it is in-between a lipstick and lipgloss and has just enough pigment for an everyday nude lip. It's lasting power is good and it does not feel sticky on the lips at all which is exactly what I look for in a good lip product.


Image taken in natural day light. As you can see its the perfect your lips but better nude shade. Ideal for university or work.


Here is a close up of the detail on the packaging. It has YSL's signature logo all around the bullet which just makes it look extra luxurious and pretty.

 Swatch of this shade in natural daylight

Close up images of this product on the lips...


Overall I think this product is well worth its £24 price point and I think I'm becoming addicted to it as I would really like to try more shades from this range. It is definitely one to try if you are looking for a more high-end sheer coverage moisturising lip product because this does exactly what it claims to do. 

Falguni 

No comments:

Post a Comment