Tuesday 16 December 2014

Rouge Louboutin Nail Polish Review

Christian Louboutin - Rouge Louboutin

Hi Everyone, today I am going to be reviewing the most luxury nail polish I have owned to date, designed and created by the genius that is Christian Louboutin... 

This polish was a gift however it retails for £36 in the UK and $50 in the US, which is around double the price of polishes created by brands like Chanel, YSL and Dior.

Lets start with the packaging of this beauty which is worth every penny! The unique design of the bottle blew me away when I opened the box.. It is nothing like I have seen before. The polish comes in a square box with the 'Christian Louboutin' Logo and the polish bottle is a unique red to black ombre crystal shaped bottle. The polish handle design is inspired by the ionic Louboutin heel which is also amazing! 


Below are swatches of the polish in natural daylight and you can see it is a perfect red! I applied one coat and even that was opaque however in the images below are two thin coats of the polish which I think gives the perfect finish. The polish itself is smooth and easy to apply with the unique brush design which makes application simple and tidy (a tip would be to hold the handle as close as possible to the bottom because the handle can get heavy). I did not have to clean up at all after application because there was no mess :D. 

The wearing time for the polish was about 4-5 days which I was quite disappointed with considering the price point, and you could probably find cheaper alternatives which last longer however for me the packaging makes up for it and using a top coat will do the trick. I don't own a pair of Louboutin heels so for me this is as close as I can get at the moment and I will definitely make use of the polish. 






Overall I think the design is beautiful in the way it looks but a bit of work needs to go into the formula of the actual polish. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to add a luxury polish to their collection and is willing to spend the money because the colour is gorgeous and the bottle WILL look pretty on your shelf :) and its one of those one off products which you need in your collection. 
Beware: a TOPCOAT is needed if you want it to last 3-4 days without chipping. 

Falguni 


No comments:

Post a Comment